Terms & Conditions
Event: The actual occurrence of the recreational activity including hotel accommodation, activities, restaurant bookings and local transport.
Participants: The participants to the Event
CarbonPirates is currently registered under 71416595.
We are looking to set-up a new legal structure for future endeavors.
All bookings accepted by us and arrangements made by us are subject to these terms and conditions.
3. Obligations of the Participants
Participants have to behave in a responsible manner during all activities so as to uphold our good name and reputation. We hold the right to cancel the Event or elements thereof in the event that the Participants do not adhere to any warnings issued by us or our supplier. In such case, the Participant will be held fully responsible for payment of the activity as well as for potential damages and consequently no refund will be payable to the Participant. Participation of the Event is at own risk and responsibility and Participants agree to all our other terms and conditions which may reasonably be deemed to be relevant for the Participants, such as, but not limited to:
- restrictions on the use of alcohol and drugs and smoking cigarettes;
- the observance of instructions during the Event;
- the physical suitability for participation in the Event;
- the responsibility to participate in an Event on the level of someone’s personal skills and experience;
- the obligation to sign on the spot of the Event, a waiver form with regard to damages and liability, if required;.
- the possible last minute cancellation of an outdoor Event in case of extreme weather conditions, if the organizer of the Event so decides.
4. payment conditions
– Payment needs to made in full to register your spot.
– After payment is processed you will receive a confirmation e-mail. In case you do not receive an e-mail within 5 days after payment please contact us.
– Spot is only reserved after receiving the confirmation email.
In spite of our careful selection, we cannot be held responsible for the execution of the Event. More specifically, we cannot be held liable for any other damage than direct damage suffered by the participant, if proven to be as a result of our gross negligence or our willful misconduct. Our liability will be limited to the participation costs.
– We cannot be held liable for any damages of whatsoever nature, property loss, injuries or death caused or suffered by a Participant who was under influence of alcohol or any other drugs.
– We cannot be held liable for any damages of whatsoever nature, property loss, injuries or death caused or suffered by a Participant who did not follow up instructions and safety guidelines instructed by us or our supplier.
– Participants must have adequate travel insurance with high medical cover (including repatriation by air ambulance), and cover for cancellation and curtailment.
– In some cases we request participants to do (part of) the driving. In those cases the participant takes full responsibility for the vehicle and passengers.
6. Circumstances outside our control
– We will not be held liable in the event that an Event or part of an Event cannot take place due to circumstances outside our control, such as, but not limited to cancellation of the Event by the party contracted by us that should carry out the Event or part of it or illness of the majority of our personnel or national strikes, including but not limited to public transport strikes.
– In the event that an Event or part of an Event cannot be carried out, we will do our utmost to find a suitable alternative for the participants. If such alternative incurs extra costs, we will first consult with the participants and only proceed after particpants written approval.
– In the event that an Event or part of an Event arranged by us cannot take place due to circumstances outside our control, we hold the right to postpone or cancel our Assignment without any legal or financial liability towards the Participants or any third party unless stated by law. In such case, the agreed financial and/or legal liability rests with the Participant.
7. Applicable law
The participant recognizes that the Event is covered under Dutch law. The assigned court will be the court in Amsterdam.